Nice to meet you here on my blog

Please feel free to share your comments and thoughts with me. Don't forget to visit my website.

Stay tuned for my weekly Friday whispers.

Thanks for stopping by!



Saturday, September 16, 2017

2017-09-16- Friday Whisper - I lost a Friend…


Last week I lost a dear friend…. I lost a friend just because another guy decided to be reckless and drove insanely… just like that, he was gone...

It was a very sad surprise for all of us who knew him and his family…

And I thought about him, how did he feel when he was hit by that car? What did he think of last? What did he want to tell his wife, his kids, his parents, his siblings, his friends before he left?

He was on my mind with his family that week. I realized that between the day he died and the day he was buried, without me knowing, I was thinking about our regular gatherings, more than a decade ago, at his place with his wife and friends…. How happy and giggling those gatherings were… and I longed for one more gathering, to relive those moments… for us to reunite one more time…

We don’t know what is in store for us… maybe we are living our best days…maybe in the future we will look back at today and wish those days will come back…. Today I lost a friend, don’t know who would be next…one day my friends will lose me… Death is the only reality in this life… Everything else is debatable…

With every beloved we lose, we bury a piece of us with them… memories are the thing we are left with… and when memories start fading sometimes, we hang on to some photos here and there…we check their Facebook profile again and again…sometimes I sent my late beloved ones some page invitations…pretending they are still out there… as if nothing has changed...

Dear Hadi, I will not tell you that you will live in our heart nor that we will see you in your children nor that we will never forget your calmness, your always-smiling face…. I will tell you that you and Mirna are part of my memories, the good ones… and this will always be true…

Till we meet again...
Rania Hammoud, ACC,Life Coach
You can also join my Facebook Page



1 comment: